Landscaping Sales & Maintenance Property Manager
Midland Park, NJ
Property Manager & Business Developer–Job Description
Position Title: Property Manager & Business Developer
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Crew leaders, crew members, and subcontractors
Meeting Attendance Requirements Include: Weekly Production Meeting, Foreman Meeting, and Staff Development trainings.
Purpose: To ensure client satisfaction. Recommend and up sell services and company capabilities. Develop new business and estimate/sell/produce landscape installation projects. Ensure all projects are produced at or under bid hours and with the highest quality.
Bachelor’s degree in horticulture
- Valid drivers license
- Customer service skills
- Desire to learn and improve
- Strong computer skills include Word and Excel
Prior experience with landscape management, as a landscape supervisor, landscape operations, or groundskeeper manager will be considered.
Additional experience from landscape construction, or horticulture with management background is a plus.
- Manage property maintenance of assigned crews and clients.
- Ensure the high quality work of assigned maintenance crews including safety and efficiency.
- Inspect route sheet and work orders daily for any additions, deletions, changes in service, or client requests; address concerns with work and work schedules supervisor
- Supervise loading of all necessary equipment & materials
- Supervise and reinforce pre-trip inspection of truck and trailer prior to leaving the yard
- Assign tasks to crew for each individual site to complete jobs within the given time frame
- Inspect sites min 1x a month to ensure quality & inspect existing condition.
- Assist with plant layout.
- Locate, select & acquire material as required for projects
- Maintain paperwork on projects including job cost, change orders, and other project activity
- Review projects with installation crew prior to start of job
- Responsible for material selection & purchasing for projects
- Monitor subcontractors to insure work is on schedule and professionally completed
- Assists other staff as required
- Supervise up to three (3) snow crews during winter including
- Participate in Snow Removal management and fill-in driver capacity
- Conduct site inspections logging information with photos and notes through the R&S app on tablet
- Proactively speak with customers to identify property upgrade opportunities found during site visits and report findings to the office via call log/customer email; scan door hangers to customer file.
- Speak with customers to determine any of their needs
- Record any comments or questions, as well as site notes in call log
- Identify services to up-sell and recommend to clients on site
- Write all work orders and assign appropriate team for all additional work needed at sites
- Pro-actively contact customers by phone and email regarding enhancements, seasonal color, and bulbs
- Achieve targeted annual sales goals
- Prepare proposals within 2 days of meeting client and use bid system
- Review plans/design with manager during project biding to establish projected labor-hours, equipment & material needed.
- Resolve and/or enter any customer complaints or requests and into call log
- Follow additional work authorization procedure and fill out form
- Enter cross divisional requests into app and call log
Employee Performance Management & Development:
- Help staff develop within the company.
Training and Safety
- Attend all required Education Classes
- Adhere and enforce all safe driving and equipment policies and procedures
- Wear all required protective equipment including, but not limited to gloves, eye glasses, and ear protection
- Ensure all crewmembers wear and use all safety gear
- Adhere to and enforce all other related safety policies and procedures
- Wear company uniform and work boots at all times.
Shop, Vehicle, Materials, Equipment, and Yard Maintenance
- Provide leadership in safety procedures by encouraging \ safety precautions are followed at all times.
- Reinforce process of staging equipment into shop on for bi-weekly maintenance on specified days.
- Report all equipment problems and issues to Fleet Manager
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor(s).
Demonstrate excellent teamwork and communication skills. Be professional in all exchanges; provide cross- departmental information in a timely manner. Participate in the fulfillment of R&S’s overall vision.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Landscape Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Your application has been successfully submitted.