Landscape Design, Estimating, Construction
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Landscape Design- Estimating- Sales - Project Manager- Job Description
Position Title: Landscape Design/Build Manager
Employment Status: Full Time
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises: Landscape Construction Crew
Purpose: To ensure the overall success of the construction team. Includes design, sales, estimating & project management to provide excellent customer service and meet annual and net sales goals, projects are completed on time, at accepted quality levels and within budget.
Works Closely With: General Manager & Property Managers
Meetings Responsible For: Weekly Construction Meeting
- Associate’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
- 3 years management experience
- 3 years field experience
- Ability to prepare landscape designs
- Experience as landscape designer, estimator, landscape project manager, or estimating and landscape sales background is a plus.
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures- (SOP’s)
- Review plans with crew leader/foreman and designer to decide most efficient method to complete a project on time and within budget.
- Maintain accurate records on projects including job cost, change orders, crew travel time, installation time, material and daily job reports
- Plan, schedule and supervise daily/weekly production for assigned construction crew
- Locate, select & secure material as required for projects.
- Supervise daily construction projects & visit job site to review progress.
- Manage & schedule sub contractors
- Prepare accurate final job cost reports and final invoices
- Review and approve invoices from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Monitor hourly costs and maintain minimum per hour target numbers.
- Monitor job cost and ensure that they are within budget.
- Maintain a positive P&L for each project
- Assist with snow plowing, & shop equipment maintenance from Dec-March if needed
- Assist other staff throughout the year as required
- Use transit to establish grades
Design/Sales and Customer Service
- Screen leads to determine client needs.
- Prepare landscape designs to communicate ideas
- Returns all calls same day as received.
- Develop relationships with current customers to foster new business.
- Prepare bid and proposals for client within five days of site visit.
- Address any customer complaints and enter them into the call log.
- Document all change orders.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Resolve customer complaints concerning quality of plant materials, installation and change orders.
- Enter all client or vendor communication in call log.
- Review final project invoices for accuracy.
- Collect deposits and balances from clients.
- Accurately follow company procedures for work order, change order, job costing and invoicing.
- Learn company programs and accurately estimate and sell enhancement, irrigation, and lighting projects.
- Present educational seminars or lectures to public as requested.
Employee Performance Management & Development:
- Interview and hire new staff for construction team
- Provide motivation, leadership, coaching, training, supervision & support staff
- Help staff develop within the company.
- Provide performance feedback on an on-going basis to all staff
- When necessary pursue corrective action up to and including termination
Shop, Vehicle, Materials, Equipment, and Yard Maintenance
Drive truck, manual transmission (stick-shift) vehicle
Keep manager truck clean and maintained
Training and Safety
- Adhere to and enforce all safety polices and procedures
- Wear company uniform and work boots at all times
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor(s).
Serve on strategic planning and continuous improvement teams and fully participate in related meetings as necessary. Demonstrate excellent teamwork and communication skills. Be professional in all exchanges; provide cross-departmental information in a timely manner. Participate in the fulfillment of R&S’s overall vision.
Essential physical/sensory demands of position include but may not be limited to:
Sitting/Kneeling Pushing/Pulling Standing Bending Walking
Reaching Driving Speaking Lifting Hearing, Carrying Visual
Machines & equipment used: Loader, Forklift, Backhoe, Computer
Working conditions: Outdoor, light industrial.
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Landscape Construction/Estimating/Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Green Your Outdoor Spaces