Landscaper Gardeners & Sales
How would you like a mix of working outside gardening and utilizing your customer service and sales skills? This position allows for both.
R&S Landscaping is hiring immediately, with a $300 signing bonus
Paid as follows; $100 after 30 days, $100 after 60 days, $100 after 90 days
R&S Landscaping is a well-established firm specializing in high end residential design/build and after care. We are located in Bergen County, NJ and have been in business for over 35 years and are recognized as a leader in our area. We are an innovative, progressive company with a great team of friendly, creative and motivated professionals.
Position Title: Specialty Gardening Team Leader
Reports to: Specialty Gardening Manager
Purpose:To assist specialty gardening manager with production and sales of landscape services and plantings. Develop relationships with clients in the field and foster new sales. Help gardening team to learn and grow as professional gardeners.
MEETING ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Gardening Team Meetings, Plant Identification Sessions
- Strong interest in horticulture.
- Positive attitude.
- Desire to learn, improve and grow.
- Ability to work with people and communicate effectively.
- An excellent attendance and tardiness record.
- Knowledge of perennials, woody plants and their growth habits.
- Work with perennial bed care and gardening teams on given routes.
- Assist with small hand trimming and pruning jobs as needed.
- Overseeing and maintaining high quality of work for all work produced.
- Assist with managing installations for Annuals, Seasonal Color, and Bulbs.
- Design and install decorative planters.
- Estimate and order plant materials for projects.
- Maintain paperwork on projects including job cost, change orders, and other project activity.
- Plan, schedule and supervise daily production on assigned projects.
- Review projects with installation crew prior to start of job.
- Assists other staff as required.
Sales and Customer Service
- Pro-actively communicate with customers on site & answer questions
- Identify company-wide services to up-sell and recommend to clients on site.
- Provide written proposals including materials and bid hours.
- Learn customers’ preferences and transcend their likes into their gardens.
- Pro-actively contact customers by phone and email regarding enhancements, seasonal color, and bulbs.
- Estimate annual color and bulb installations and other PBM services.
- Return all customer calls the same day received.
Employee Performance Management & Development:
- Provide motivation, leadership, coaching, training, supervision & support for Specialty Gardeners.
- Help staff develop within the company.
Shop, Vehicle, Materials, Equipment, and Yard Maintenance
- Assist with the upkeep of both yard and shop.
- Assist in keeping plant material organized, watered, and pest free.
- Keep nursery weeded, clean, and ready for all rounds of color installations
Training and Safety
- Continue educational progress by attending classes and seminars.
- Adhere to and enforce all safety policies and procedures.
- Wear company uniform and work boots always.
- Lead and assist in internal Training Classes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Greening Your Outdoor Spaces