Landscape Maintenance Foreman & Driver- Crew Leader
R&S Landscaping is hiring immediately, with a $300 signing bonus
Paid as follows; $100 after 30 days, $100 after 60 days, $100 after 90 days
R&S Landscaping is a well-established firm specializing in high end residential design/build and after care. We are located in Bergen County, NJ and have been in business for over 35 years and are recognized as a leader in our area. We are an innovative, progressive company with a great team of friendly, creative and motivated professionals.Our firm is comprised of a seasoned and diverse group of passionate and dedicated professionals.
- Inspect route sheet and work orders daily for any additions, deletions, changes in service, or client requests:
- Prepare, load, and secure all necessary equipment.
- Perform a thorough inspection of truck and trailer prior to leaving the yard:
- Report any issues to Assistant Maintenance Division Manager
- Drive truck and trailer to and from all sites in a safe manner.
- Accurately fill out start and stop times at all sites throughout the day:
- Assign all tasks to crewmen at each individual site to complete jobs within the given time frame:
- Do a final walk through of each and every property to ensure property is left in a professional and quality condition.
- Fuel all equipment at the end of the day.
- Report customers’ comments and complaints immediately to Assistant Maintenance Division Manager.
- Report all damaged or broken tools, equipment, or customer property to the Assistant Maintenance Division Manager.
- Participate in snow removal in the winter season.
- Speak with customers when on site to determine any of their needs:
- Answer questions
- Resolve any issues or concerns
- Make suggestions for additional work
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Resolve and/or route any customer complaints and enter into log book.
- Record any comments or questions, as well as site notes and submit to Assistant Maintenance Division Manager at the end of the day.
Employee Performance Management & Development:
- Provide motivation, leadership, coaching, training, supervision & support for crew.
- Provide performance feedback on an on-going basis to crew.
Shop, Vehicle, Materials, Equipment, and Yard Maintenance
- Remove all trash from the truck on a daily basis.
- Bring all designated equipment into shop on for bi-weekly maintenance on specified days.
- Report all equipment problems and issues to Production Manager:
- Park truck in designated spot.
- Assist in keeping the yard clean and organized:
Training and Safety
- Attend all required Education Classes.
- Work with new crew members and other employees to increase their knowledge and abilities on all applicable equipment.
- Adhere to safe driving and equipment operation policies and practices.
- Wear all required protective equipment including, but not limited to gloves, eye glasses, and ear protection.
Other: Responsible for additional tasks as directed by supervisor(s)
- 2+ years in landscaping field
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to communicate with clients in English
- Ability to motivate and work efficiently with small crews
- An excellent attendance and tardiness record.
- Possesses strong leadership skills
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Greening Your Outdoor Spaces