Tree Trimmers, Foreman, Arborists and Climbers
Metropolitan Forestry Services
502 Old State Road , Ballwin , MO - 63021
Metropolitan Forestry Services Inc. is NOW hiring FULL TIME employees for YEAR ROUND work. We are a well-established and highly respected tree care and landscape development company proudly serving the St. Louis area since 1976. Our core values are what set us apart from other tree care companies and are the guiding principles that our success is rooted. To work here is to embrace these values as well as to support the rest of the team in creating a culture that champions our company's vision.
- Our work is and has always been grounded in scientific research and extensive knowledge of tree biology
- An intense commitment to safety and the well-being of the team
- Honesty and Integrity above all else
- Direct, Honest, and Complete Communication
- Loyalty, Teamwork, and Respect
- Ongoing Improvement and Continuing Education
We are currently looking for experienced outdoor professionals to fill positions our tree, plant health care, and landscape divisions. We would love to talk to you about joining our team!
Tree trimming and maintenance operations are an important part of our business. The tree climber position performs general tree care operations (i.e., removals, pruning, cabling & bracing, lightning protection). Trimmers and Climbers must have experience trimming and climbing, bucket experience is helpful, a valid driver's license (class B preferred), good communication skills, safety conscious and the ability to pass a DOT physical and drug screening.
This position requires:
- Basic climbing experience and skills, and proper use of rigging and climbing gear.
- Ability to prune any size tree without the use of spikes or gaffs
- Ability to remove trees safely and efficiently
- Ability to drive large standard transmission trucks
- Strong Tree Identification Skills
- Ability to acquire ISA Arborist certification within one year
- Having full knowledge of how all tree work equipment is used to complete work in the most efficient and safest way possible (i.e. chain saws, pole and hand saws, pole pruners, saddles, ropes, carabineers, aerial lift, and chipper equipment).
- Effectively participates in all job site safety briefings. Must be able to identify and mitigate on-site hazards (i.e. ensuring work areas are clearly and properly marked with cones, signs, etc.)
- The climber will also assist the ground crew with all jobs including removing debris, chipping brush, and cleaning up the site after each job.
- Positive attitude and an enthusiasm for learning and self- improvement
Compensation is based on experience, but we pay competitive wages and we will match or exceed current wages if you can demonstrate your abilities and can meet our expectations.
Excellent Benefits: Paid holidays, Paid vacation, Health, Dental, and Life Insurance (partially paid by company), Retirement plan and company match, Uniforms, boot allowance and other performance-based incentives.
If you think you can make a positive contribution to our team, or would like more information, we require everyone to come onsite and fill out an application. If you are interested, please come in to talk with us!
Job Type: Full-time
- Trimming/Climbing: 2 years