Summer Student Internship
SiteOne Landscape Supply
Jacksonville ,FL ,USA ,32224 , Jacksonville , FL - 32224
Formerly known as John Deere Landscapes, SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. We have a long history of serving residential and commercial landscape professionals who specialize in the design, installation and maintenance of lawns, gardens, golf courses and other outdoor spaces.
Through our network of over 460 stores across 44 states and five provinces, we offer a comprehensive selection of more than 90,000 products including irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies. With a world-class team of over 2,700 industry experts, we also provide industry- leading complementary services and business assistance to support our product offering and to help our customers operate and grow their businesses; all tailored to meet each customer's specific needs.
Watch Our Brand Anthem Video: https://www.siteone.com/home/brandanthem.aspx
The Role - Summer Student Internship
The Location - Jacksonville, FL
This position will be exposed to the different areas (irrigation, nursery, agronomics, etc.) as well as the different functions of a store.
The SiteOne program is a progressive internship. Our interns will be responsible for spending time in each department of the wholesale distribution operation. You will spend time in the field, warehouse, shipping and receiving, counter sales, as well as shadow an Outside Sales Representative.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Respond to customer questions concerning products, resolves a variety of customer service issues, and processes sales transactions.
- Respond to inquiries and assists customers with the sale of products over the telephone.
- Price incoming product and plant material.
- Assist with the unloading of trucks.
- Assist with inventory spot counts and all forms of inventory control at the branch.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the branch and stocking the work area with all necessary supplies.
- Other duties as assigned which may include driving company vehicle
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks
- Basic plant knowledge
- Ability to find and use resources
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds consistently
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be pursuing a degree in business/management/agriculture/horticulture discipline or an equivalent
combination of education
- GPA 2.5 or higher required