Store Manager I
SiteOne Landscape Supply
Charlotte ,NC ,USA ,28202 , Charlotte , NC - 28202
Formerly known as John Deere Landscapes, SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. We have a long history of serving residential and commercial landscape professionals who specialize in the design, installation and maintenance of lawns, gardens, golf courses and other outdoor spaces.
Through our network of over 460 stores across 44 states and five provinces, we offer a comprehensive selection of more than 90,000 products including irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies. With a world-class team of over 2,700 industry experts, we also provide industry- leading complementary services and business assistance to support our product offering and to help our customers operate and grow their businesses; all tailored to meet each customer's specific needs.
Watch Our Brand Anthem Video: https://www.siteone.com/home/brandanthem.aspx
At SiteOne, we are committed to five key business objectives:
1. Be a great place to work for our associates.
2. Deliver superior quality, service and value to our customers.
3. Be the distributor of choice for our suppliers.
4. Achieve industry-leading financial performance and growth for our shareholders.
5. Be a good neighbor in our communities.
By leveraging the strength and capabilities of a large company with the passion, drive, experience and commitment of our talented local teams - we can consistently achieve these objectives and make our customers the most successful professionals in the Green Industry. We know our customer's business better than anyone in our industry and together with our customers and suppliers, we can achieve exceptional success.
The Role - Store Manager I
The Location - Charlotte, NC
Achieve world-class store performance while contributing to and supporting the overall Area strategy, performance and growth. Champion select best practices within the area and participate in area/region-wide initiatives.
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
1. Build a Great Team:
- Create a positive, challenging and exciting environment which is conducive to high-performance, teamwork, a great place to work and long-term retention of "A" players
- Recruit, train, coach and retain top talent within your store so that your team delivers excellence for all stakeholders while you consistently export talent to the area/regions
- Determine individual strengths and weaknesses and actively coach and mentor your team to achieve high performance and to facilitate their long term career development at SiteOne
- Ensure strong teamwork within your store, across store and with outside sellers
2. Deliver Customer Value:
- Set high expectations for all store associates in terms of product, service and partnership; lead by example - modeling an obsession with customer success
- Ensure that the store layout and organization, staffing, expertise, inventory, equipment, systems, processes and policies all support customer value excellence
- Train and coach all store associates in customer value best practices and facilitate a culture whereby every team member is obsessed with customer success.
- Spend personal time with customers on an ongoing basis in order to gain accurate feedback, discover improvement opportunities and assess progress on customer value
- Measure and track customer value and hold associates accountable for meeting or exceeding expectations.
3. Achieve Performance, Growth and Safety Results:
- Create an incident-free environment by emphasizing safety daily, leading by example, involving all associates, promoting a strong safety culture, achieving excellent housekeeping and workplace organization and executing clear safety policies
- Execute key strategic initiatives to drive high performance
- Lead, manage and participate in all operations/transactions as required at the store to ensure that the store is meeting or exceeding customer and performance expectations
- Set effective goals and monitor key performance metrics to assess daily, weekly and monthly progress and to track improvement initiatives
4. Drive Continuous Improvement:
- As lead change agent - involve the team in identifying, quantifying and prioritizing improvement opportunities and developing specific action plans to address
- Encourage store associates to take risk and try new ideas in order to drive continuous learning and improvement
- Continuously dialogue with Area leaders and peer stores to gain new ideas, help understand best practices and/or to help execute new store improvements
5. Build Business Acumen:
- Build a winning "best practice" knowledge base for achieving excellence in all facets of store operations, team development, customer value, overall financial performance and growth. Understand thoroughly and specifically which levers to pull in order to achieve excellence for all stakeholders.
- Thoroughly understand the company operating and financial reports and be able to quickly identify positive/negative business trends and determine root causes to issues.
- Be an active and effective coach to store associates to enable them to achieve best practices.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the area market to include end user trends, customers, competitors, suppliers and key market drivers
- Committed to continuous learning and development (both personal and of the team) and capitalizes on all relevant training and development opportunities
6. Develop Winning Strategies:
- Understand the Area strategy and develops a complementary store strategy to achieve excellent performance and growth and customer value
- Involve associates in developing the strategy and in creating a prioritized action plan to systematically execute the strategy
- Use performance metrics to track progress and continuously adjust strategies to maximize opportunities that develop and/or to adjust to changing market conditions
- Align strategic goals and talent to enable succession planning - "right people in the right place at the right time" to achieve desired business results
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Excellent communication, customer service and leadership skills
Understand accounting fundamentals such as debits, credits, accounts receivable/payable and budgets
Knowledge of nursery, irrigation and landscape products
Knowledge of market preferences, competition, regulations and trends
Understand sales and operations planning process, statistical demand forecasting and integration of demand plans and supply plans
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School or secondary diploma or equivalent required
Degree in Business / Management discipline or equivalent experience preferred
4 to 7 years of managerial experience including leadership, issue management, motivation and team building preferred
4 to 7 years of experience working in/managing a nursery or irrigation retail operation preferred
This position requires long periods of standing and candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.