Regional Purchasing Agent, Hardscapes
SiteOne Landscape Supply
Charlotte ,NC ,USA ,28202 , Charlotte , NC - 28202
Regional Purchasing Agent, Hardscapes
Formerly known as John Deere Landscapes, SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. We have a long history of serving residential and commercial landscape professionals who specialize in the design, installation and maintenance of lawns, gardens, golf courses and other outdoor spaces.
Through our network of over 460 stores across 44 states and five provinces, we offer a comprehensive selection of more than 90,000 products including irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies. With a world-class team of over 2,700 industry experts, we also provide industry- leading complementary services and business assistance to support our product offering and to help our customers operate and grow their businesses; all tailored to meet each customer's specific needs.
Watch Our Brand Anthem Video: https://www.siteone.com/home/brandanthem.aspx At SiteOne, we are committed to five key business objectives:
1. Be a great place to work for our associates.
2. Deliver superior quality, service and value to our customers.
3. Be the distributor of choice for our suppliers.
4. Achieve industry-leading financial performance and growth for our shareholders.
5. Be a good neighbor in our communities.
By leveraging the strength and capabilities of a large company with the passion, drive, experience and commitment of our talented local teams - we can consistently achieve these objectives and make our customers the most successful professionals in the Green Industry. We know our customer's business better than anyone in our industry and together with our customers and suppliers, we can achieve exceptional success.
The Role: Regional Hardscapes Purchasing Agent
The agent will provide a critical service by ensuring product is available at the branches at the right time, in the right quantities and at the most economical landed cost.
· Talent Focused: We recruit, develop, mentor and retain the best
· Customer Obsessed: We are relentless in making our customers successful
· Fast Moving: We hustle and make it happen…safely
· Team Players: We respect and support each other and put team first
· Solution Oriented: We get the facts and solve problems; find win-wins
· Agents Of Change: We are always looking for the better way
· Professional: We do everything with quality and integrity
· Competitive: We have fun… serving our customers and winning!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
· Reviews and analyzes daily below-order-point reports and procures products for those branches whose volumes did not meet the autobuy parameters.
Communicates daily with branches regarding purchasing of product and other special needs.
Communicates with vendors regarding product availability and purchase orders.
Assists branch manager with special projects, including but not limited to early orders, product promotions and vendor negotiations.
Manages logistics for hardscapes locations by ensuring timely, economical, and freight-efficient deliveries from vendors
Monitors inventory control measures and manages transfers and logistics of slow moving items between branches
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Understanding of purchasing and inventory management philosophies.
Must possess strong analytical skills and excellent customer service skills.
Strong computer Skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College Degree or equivalent experience in the industry.
5 years of hardscape experience
Experience in or strong working knowledge of hardscape products.
401k with company match
Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
Company-paid Life Insurance
Optional Life Insurance
Company-paid Short Term Disability Insurance
Company-paid Long Term Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Opportunities for advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.