James River Grounds Management
11008 Washington Hwy , Glen Allen , VA - 23059
This position is available in Richmond and Chesterfield locations.
This position is responsible for directly supervising crew while on the job site and ensuring that crews work safely and efficiently while delivering quality jobs on time. This position is responsible for development and training; planning, assigning and directing work; material and equipment management and maintenance; addressing and resolving problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with management to create schedule and follows job specifications including materials and timelines.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and timeframe.
- Ensures contractual obligations are fulfilled in a manner that is in line with proper horticultural practices
- Complies with equipment preventative maintenance program.
- Inspects each job site weekly and maintains punch lists given by manager while on site
- Identifies way to improve work processes, efficiency, and quality
- Communicates with onsite clients as outlined in communication plan
- Responds properly to the client’s requests; follows up to make sure their needs have been met
- Keeps manager aware of all client concerns and communication on the job site
- Maintains safe working conditions on job site at all times
- Two years of professional landscape maintenance experience.
- Valid Virginia Drivers License with clean driving record
- Hold a pesticide Certification 3A & 3C or better
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English
- Has a general knowledge of horticultural and maintenance practices
- Ability to train others and exercise leadership skills
- Is dependable; consistently at work and on time, responds to management direction and commits to the required hours for job completion that will vary based on weather/season.
- Has interpersonal skills necessary to solve conflict while keeping emotions under control
- Has the ability to plan, organize and direct a team in a manner that uses time efficiently
- Has the aptitude to identify and act on opportunities to help and support work efforts of the team
- Can operate and maintain all equipment used for landscape maintenance
- General knowledge of irrigation systems
- Can meet the physical demands described here. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 30K to $40K + Bonus Opportunities
- Health/Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- 401K after one year of service