Landscape Installation Production Manager-Excellent Opportunity in MD!
Absolute Landscape & Turf
4781 Ten Oaks Road , Dayton , MD - 21036
We are Absolute Landscape & Turf Services. PASSION drives our vision and PURPOSE drives our success. As a leading landscape services company in Metro Maryland, we design, build and maintain both commercial and residential properties. We have been in business for over 15 years and are well-rooted within the community.
We have an immediate opening for a Landscape Installation Production Manager. In this position you will be responsible for optimizing the customer experience at all levels. The Production Manager is an important link between the field operations and client. The goal of the position is to satisfy the needs of each client experience to ensure that the Absolute Landscape & Turf Services brand and value proposition is being delivered at all times.
As a Production Manager
you will play an integral role in the daily operations and success of our landscape
installation TEAMS. Using your project management skills, you will ensure that
our daily operations and production schedule are executed with the utmost
efficient and accuracy. You will be identifying variances to our schedule,
revising as needed, coordinating changes with our TEAM members and communicating
with customers. Reporting to the operations TEAM leader, your expertise in
managing within a fast- paced environment, with a high-level of accuracy and
efficiency is critical. Your decisions will potentially affect the company's
customer service delivery and financial performance.
Core Responsibilities of The Job include:
1. Manages and
schedules labor, equipment and material to accomplish production schedules
within established budgets. Maintains
strict adherence to established schedules and budgets.
2. Understands contract specifications and ensures they are met and maintains customers complete satisfaction.
3. Provides most recent plans and/or documents to field staff at the beginning of the day and provides instruction to ensure Crew Leader and crew are prepared to complete the job.
4. Ensures all work is completed in adherence to safety policies and guidelines. Conducts weekly safety training and safety inspections on job-sites.
5. Investigates any accident or safety violation, prepares appropriate reports, takes action steps to correct and prevent future occurrences. Defines and implements solutions to reoccurring accidents or most common hazards.
6. Maintains proper inventory levels of materials, equipment and other supplies as required for both safety and production activities.
7. Order materials, equipment and supplies as needed within purchasing limits.
8. Supervise TEAM members, keeping attendance records, enforcing proper uniform and safety equipment use, and approving time cards.
9. Overall human resource management of field staff within division. Includes hiring, firing, training, coaching, mentoring and developing staff to reach potential and established goals for the individual and division. Identify and develop Crew Leaders.
10. Maintains sufficient staff to accomplish production schedules and analyzes future needs, forecasting staff and material needs to complete future jobs.
11. Conducts timely performance reviews of direct reports and take corrective actions when appropriate.
12. Coordinate the use of labor, equipment, materials and other resources with other divisions as needed.
13. Obtain or confirm that utility locates have been called in 48 hours prior to beginning a project. Update as needed miss-utility tickets as required.
14. Visit job sites on a regular basis, observing organization of work, identifying and resolving training issues, and taking necessary actions to ensure quality.
15. Respond to customer complaints, ensuring proper handling to achieve excellent customer satisfaction.
16. Maintain day-to-day working knowledge of all contracts in progress, including field completion status, billings to-date and progress payments.
17. Maintains costs
within all assigned budgets.
18. Monitors job costs weekly and immediately reports to Manager any deviations from projected budgets of labor, materials, equipment or schedule. Makes appropriate adjustments to maximize the operational and financial outcome.
19. Makes recommendation regarding qualifying or disqualifying warranty work. Coordinates completion of warranty work per contractual obligations and/or instructions from manager.
20. Maintain a high level of good housekeeping and care of company assets in the field, vehicles, shop, field offices and customer work-sites.
21. Stay aware of best practices. Develop and recommend improved work methods and standards.